Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Education of Robert Nifkin, Daniel Pinkwater

The Education of Robert Nifkin by Daniel Pinkwater is a high school coming of age book.  It is a comedic Novel aimed at teenagers.  I know Pinkwater from the Tooth-Gnasher Superflash which I read with relish to my youngest son for many a hilarious evening.  My wife saw this book as Vertigo book store was closing and pointing to the author suggested I pick it up.  So I did.

Started:  11/18/2012
Completed: 11/21/2012
Recommendation: Funny, short, good bathroom read
Recommended By: My wife
Review:
The book is conceived as an essay for college admission.  The story is a coming of age event for a fat immigrant new kid going to highschool in the 50s.  It is funny enough to make you laugh out loud.  It is a pretty straightforward book that seems hell bent on making fun of everything it touches (including itself).  It is a good read and I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment