Sunday, February 18, 2018

Born Standing Up, Steve Martin

Born Standing Up:  A comic's life by Steve Martin is an autobiography by my favorite comic.

Started:  2/12/2018
Completed: 2/18/2018
Recommended By: Nobody
Recommendation: Hilarious and very informative

Review:

I learned a lot about Steve Martin and many of the things that I learned helped me understand how Mr. Martin's act was so carefully crafted and yet felt so spontaneous.  This autobiography is mostly about his stand up career with very little attention paid to his movies.  I understand that as his movie career feels "current" but his stand-up is over.  Still I wish he had included more about his more recent life.  I really liked that he covered his public life very completely while managing to leave a lot of his private life personal.

No comments:

Post a Comment