Thursday, April 19, 2018

Breakthrough!, Jon Queijo

Breakthrough!  How the 10 Greatest Discoveries in Medicine Saved Millions and Changed Our View of the World by Jon Queijo is a book I downloaded for free onto my Kindle.  I saw a promotion of some sort and this one caught my eye.

Started: 5/10/2012
Completed: 4/19/2018
Recommendation: Mild Recommendation
Recommended By:  Nobody

Review:
Despite the many years it took me to read it, this is an interesting book.  It sat on my Kindle/phone and only got read when I didn't have the forethought to bring my book with me (most recently the physical therapist).  There are just times when you do not realize you might need or could even read a book.  That is a great time to have a book sitting on your phone.  The down side, however, is that it takes forever to read.

I enjoyed learning the history of both the diseases and the cures.  This was interesting to me as I have often wondered how this stuff gets resolved.  How is it that someone decides to eat moldy bread when sick (that isn't how it happened)?  Anyway, this is a great collection of tidbits of information that can be digested a piece at a time.

I especially liked the end which talked about more holistic medicine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment