Saturday, January 16, 2021

The Hidden Wealth of Nations, Gabriel Zucman

 

The Hidden Wealth of Nations:  The scourge of tax havens by Gabriel Zucman (translated by Teresa Lavender Fagan) includes an introduction from Thomas Piketty.

Started: 1/10/2021
Completed: 1/16/2021
Recommendation: Recommended
Recommended By: Nobody

Words for which I sought help:

dissimulate -- conceal or disguise (one's thoughts, feelings, or character)

Review:

I really didn't know I hated Luxembourg.  I thought it was just the Swiss banks, but it turns out there are tiny little places hiding wealth all over the globe.  The proposal for how to track this wealth is interesting and opens up some real possibilities for the future.  I doubt, however, that wealthy leaders will be inclined to close the loopholes.

No comments:

Post a Comment