Wednesday, September 18, 2024

The Kamogawa Food Detectives, Hisashi Kashiwai

The Kamogawa Food Detectives by Hisashi Kashiwai translated by Jesse Kirkwood

Started: September 18, 2024
Completed: DNF
Recommendation: I have no recommendation
Recommended By: Kobo

Review:

I thought that this was a traditional detective story with a little food thrown in.  No.  This is a series of short stories with the same protagonists who use analysis to determine how to make a particular meal.  I was listening to this book and with unfamiliar names, place names, and food names, I had trouble distinguishing one from the other.  In addition, I neither recognized the dishes nor many of the ingredients.  That all made it very hard for me to enjoy or even have an opinion on this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment