Saturday, February 9, 2019

The Truth Has Changed, Josh Fox

The Truth Has Changed by Josh Fox is a book that I thought I read about in the Nation.  It is the book version of a one man show.

Started: 2/8/2019
Completed: 2/9/2019
Recommendation: Highly Recommended
Recommended By: Nobody

Review:

"Because at two degrees of warming, which is right around the corner, we bring about an unstoppable process...everything changes...forests become deserts. Extreme drought. Extreme flood.  Extreme weather becomes something that is just every other day.  Ecosystems collapse.  Fifty percent of animals go extinct.  That's a lot of goodbyes."

This guy has been everywhere since 9/11.  This book follows those travels and the sadness and joys that come with being at the epicenter of so many things.  He was a representative appointed by Bernie at the Democratic Convention.  He was at Standing Rock.

I marched in DC in support of Standing Rock.  I saw Bernie speak at the end of the march and he walked by me on his way to his care while I was trying to figure out where the nearest metro station was.  I wasn't there when the police fired water cannons.  I wasn't there when the water defenders bravely supported non-violence.  Josh was.  He told his story.  It is moving.  It is scary.  Greta Thunberg gets it.  She is autistic.  How can so few others?

No comments:

Post a Comment