Friday, November 13, 2020

The Wright Brothers, David McCullough

 

The Wright Brothers by David McCullough is a book recommended to me by my parents.  I have enjoyed McCullough's writing.

Started: 11/2/2020
Completed: 11/13/2020
Recommendation: Recommended
Recommended By: My parents

Words for which I sought help:

lacuna -- an unfilled space or interval; a gap

Review:

Listening to this book in McCullough's raspy voice was comfortable and enjoyable.  It is a positive biography of sorts and it just felt fun and good.  I liked learning more about Katherine Wright and I thought that Orville's treatment of her at the end of her life was awful, but it is easy to judge from this remove.  I had no idea that my life and Orville's had overlapped.  That was shocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment