Monday, April 19, 2021

The Gilded Ones, Namina Forna

 

The Guilded Ones by Namina Forna was a book I found on a list by authors talking about the African mythos.

Started: 4/17/2021
Completed: 4/19/2021
Recommendation: Mild Recommendation
Recommended By: Nobody

Review:

This is another young adult novel that found its way into my older life.  In fairness, however, there is a lot that is not young adult about this novel.  The plot is simple and fairly predictable--which is fine.  The book is rather gory.  Trying to kill those who cannot die is like that, but is that really a young adult concept?  Is that something in which the young adults should be soaked?  I don't know...I guess it depends on the young adult.  I do like the feminist message and I can see how this novel is going to become a series.  I did not become attached to any of the characters and think it is likely that I will not read any further in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment