Saturday, January 8, 2022

A Trick of the Light, Louise Penny

 

A Trick of the Light by Louise Penny is the next book in the Chief Inspector Gamache series.

Started: 1/1/2022
Completed: 1/8/2022
Recommendation: Recommended
Recommended By: My Parents

Review:

Louise Penny delivers again, but, in general, this book was a little disturbing as one becomes increasingly invested in the characters and the characters show complexity which is uncomfortable.  I particularly did not like the ambiguity of the ending.  It feels like someone is telling Penny to make this book a cliff hanger, so she sets up 5-6 subplots that all hang at the end of the story along with a couple more that get an interesting start.  Penny does not need to hook me, so leaving the book partway through when I know I'm likely to read the next seems unnecessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment