Saturday, April 9, 2022

Deep Work, Cal Newport

 

Deep Work:  Rules for focused success in a distracted world by Cal Newport

Started: 4/5/2022
Completed: 4/9/2022
Recommendation: Recommended
Recommended By: A Stoic adherent, but I cannot remember who

Review:

I connect with the concepts of deep work and with the idea of flow.  The reality of effectively shutting others out is not something with which I am comfortable as a life style.  I recognize that this makes me less efficient.  I was thinking that when I start studying philosophy intently and move back into the scholastic world, it might be a good idea to find ways to implement deep work more often.  I'll have to think about how to do this recognizing that I so enjoy spending time with my wife it is exceedingly difficult for me to imagine opting not to do so given the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment