The Dragon Round by Stephen S. Power
Started: June 14, 2025
Completed: July 22, 2026
Recommendation: Recommended
Recommended By: Power and I chatted on Twitter several (maybe 10?) years ago (I think he was an editor for a book I had enjoyed, but my Twitter account is no more since Musk took over). He was an interesting person and I wanted to support his work, so I picked up the book.
Completed: July 22, 2026
Recommendation: Recommended
Recommended By: Power and I chatted on Twitter several (maybe 10?) years ago (I think he was an editor for a book I had enjoyed, but my Twitter account is no more since Musk took over). He was an interesting person and I wanted to support his work, so I picked up the book.
Media: Trade paperback
Words for which I sought help:
grue -- a shiver or a shudder
penteconter -- An ancient Greek sailing vessel (used for both war and trade) with 50 oars
Review:
I enjoyed this book which is sort of a castaway story. Parts of the book felt rushed to me, but it is a good story. The argument for personal revenge is not made as strongly as I would have liked and while it feels like the main characters undergo some growth and character change, as the book comes to its end, it feels like the characters have reverted to form.

No comments:
Post a Comment