Friday, June 21, 2019

Gifts of Unknown Things, Lyall Watson

Gifts of Unknown Things:  A True Story of Nature, Healing, and Initiation from Indonesia's "Dancing Island" by Lyall Watson was recommended to me by my neighbor, Lucy.  She told me it was an adventure to understand how science and religion are both views of the same thing.

Started: 06/19/2019
Completed: 06/20/2019
Recommendation: Not Recommended
Recommended By:  Lucy D.

Words/Phrases for which I sought help:

prau -- A type of sailing boat originating in Malaysia and Indonesia that may be sailed with either end at the front, typically having a large triangular sail and an outrigger.

Review:

A sort of new age religious effort to look at the world as a mystic place we have the possibility to know better by attuning senses of which we are barely aware.  I find the approach neither interesting nor useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment