Sunday, December 19, 2021

The Legend of the Celtic Stone, Michael Phillips

The Legend of the Celtic Stone by Michael Phillips is the first volume of the Caledonia series.  It has been so long, I cannot remember why I picked up this book.  I think it was at a used book store in Mt. Pleasant, SC, but I am not certain.

Started: 6/22/2019
Completed: 12/18/2021 (Did not finish)
Recommendation: Not Recommended
Recommended By:  Nobody

Review:

I started this book, but quickly ran into a slew of names, locations, and actions that I had a hard time keeping in mind.  I have stopped and started it several times over the last few years.  I hit a section that was largely transliterated brogue.  It felt like I was reading As I Lay Dying and I finally flipped ahead randomly in the book to see if this continued and, indeed, it did.  This is just too much effort for what I intended to be a simple, easy nighttime read.  I have put it aside for the last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment