Sunday, December 19, 2021

The Fated Sky, Mary Robinette Kowal

 

The Fated Sky by Mary Robinette Kowal is the second lady astronaut novel.

Started: 11/15/2021
Completed: 12/19/2021
Recommendation: Mild Recommendation
Recommended By: Nobody

Review:

Some parts of this book are excellent (what is the proper way to handle a dead crew member in long distance space travel?).  Others are mostly annoying ("I miss my husband" is both obvious and it just is said over and over).  The end of the novel sort of suggests that there was much more, but the book was getting too long.  Why they chopped up the ending the way that they did is hard to understand.  It seems like there was a huge amount of detail about some of the crew members that was just left empty.  I picked up the next book, but I'm not sure if I will continue the series past that book unless things improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment