Monday, September 21, 2020

Quiet, Susan Cain

 

Quiet:  The power of introverts in a world that can't stop talking by Susan Cain is a book that I thought might apply to me.

Started: 9/18/2020
Completed: 9/21/2020
Recommendation: Highly Recommended
Recommended By: Nobody

Review:

The person reading the book, Kathe Mazur, does a wonderful job.  I have a hearing problem right in the area of women's voices, so I sometimes find women readers difficult to hear, but, for some reason, Mazur makes everything clear.  Her voice may be a little deeper, which truly helps me.  She may enunciate well.  She might just be impassioned on a quiet topic.  Listening to her read is calming and informative.  A really good experience.

This book is really informative.  As an introvert myself, I see where I have tried to behave as an extrovert and how wearing it is.  I plan to take the suggestions to heart and to find comfort in the quiet.  Quite honestly, listening to audio books has really helped me do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment