Monday, February 6, 2023

The Witch Elm, Tana French

 

The Witch Elm by Tana French.  I picked this book up because I liked some of her other books and this one was identified as a particularly good one of hers.

Started: 1/31/2023
Completed: 2/6/2023
Recommendation: Mild Recommendation
Recommended By: Nobody

Review:

This isn't really my kind of book (a murder mystery), so consider that.  The character development was interesting and the mechanism of a protagonist who had memory problems was novel.  The story, however, didn't grab me and as the book progressed, I found that there was only one character I actually found tolerably interesting.  Most of the characters are simply horrible.  The descriptions were rich and there were sections that could have done with more editing for length, but overall, this was an OK read.  I have to admit that the ending surprised me...the last plot twist caught me off guard, though I wondered what was going to happen as it seemed the book had wrapped up early.  I'm not sure I can say that I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment