Saturday, February 11, 2023

Demon Copperhead, Barbara Kingsolver

 

Demon Copperhead by Barbara Kingsolver is a book that I saw in many reviews and my wife really enjoys Kingsolver.

Started: 2/6/2023
Completed: 2/11/2023
Recommendation: Recommended
Recommended By: My wife

Words for which I sought help:

duff -- decaying vegetable matter covering the ground under trees

Review:

This book is beautifully written and for that reason, I recommend it.  To be honest, I found none of the characters compelling, though there were a few occasions I laughed out loud.  In general, I disliked the story and I would have known that if I'd taken a minute to read that this is modern retelling of David Copperfield.  I don't know how accurately this book portrays the opioid crisis in America, but it is pretty brutal in the retelling.  If anything, I think that the actual thing is even worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment