Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Other People's Money and How the Bankers Use It, Louis D. Brandeis

 

Other People's Money and How the Bankers Use It by Louis D. Brandeis

Started: 6/8/2024
Completed: 6/11/2024
Recommendation: Mild Recommendation
Recommended By: I read about this book in another book, but I cannot now remember where.

Review:

Brandeis was rather scathing in his analysis of banking and the role of the banker in society.  I have to admit, that was pretty fun.  The end of the analysis talked about how the principal of one person one vote (unlike how shareholding companies are run where each share is a vote and one person can outvote many others) works within cooperatives.  I have seen this in practice and I certainly like it.  It completely changes the dynamic and encourages inherent value in the cooperative rather than a quick profit which seems to be the way of the corporation.

No comments:

Post a Comment