Daughters of the Sun and Moon by Lisa See
Started: September 11, 2026
Completed: September 20, 2026
Recommendation: Not recommended
Recommended By: Nobody
Media: Audio
Completed: September 20, 2026
Recommendation: Not recommended
Recommended By: Nobody
Media: Audio
Words for which I sought help:
perspicacity -- the mental ability to see through confusion, understand situations quickly, and make very accurate judgements
Review:
The mental and physical abuse described in this novel are constant. While I see the value in terms of understanding the suffering of the Chinese women of this time in early California, the violence in this book was something that I really disliked. It just is not for me. Torture scenes that simply make things worth rather than forwarding the plot seem unnecessary unless the point is to talk about torture. I wish I had known that this book focused on a massacre and the unbelievable suffering of these women before I picked it up.

No comments:
Post a Comment