This Kingdom Will Not Kill Me by Ilona Andrews is the first book in Maggie the Undying
Completed: September 25, 2026
Recommendation: Highly Recommended
Recommended By: Nobody
Media: Audio
Review:
I really enjoyed this opening into a new world. I'm usually drawn to books where there is a penalty paid for magic and though this book has one (think of being out of spell points), it is a rather minor deal all things considered. The protagonist spent a lot of time looking at brooding men of various ilk and I'm OK with that and there was a lot of attention (in my experience) to clothing and colors. The plot seemed to leap from one desperate plan to another and I did enjoy that. The part where a nobody girl out of nowhere can suddenly turn all the aristocrats' heads is unrealistic, though Andrews did make an effort to explain it in some cases. So, this book is not perfect, but I did enjoy it and look forward to the next installment of Maggie the Undying.
There was a fair amount of violence and entirely too much torture for my taste.

No comments:
Post a Comment