Monday, August 24, 2020

Scythe, Neal Shusterman


Scythe by Neal Shusterman is the first book of the Arc of a Scythe series.  I saw this in the library book store and it looked interesting to me.  I checked a quick review on the phone and decided to pick it up.  This is a young adult novel and I have no idea why I keep picking up young adult fiction these days.

Started: 7/25/2020
Completed: 8/24/2020
Recommendation: Recommended
Recommended By: Nobody

Review:

I enjoyed this novel.  It is a coming of age story, but there is plenty else.  There is young romance and old romance and enough overlap to be interesting.  I like the way the dystopia plays out and the idea that everyone is effectively immortal so some people have to do selective killing in order to prevent over population is tenable.  I think it will be worth reading the whole series.

No comments:

Post a Comment