Monday, August 10, 2020

The Ringworld Throne, Larry Niven


The Ringworld Throne by Larry Niven is a book in the Ringworld Series.

Started: 8/4/2020
Completed: 8/10/2020
Recommendation: Recommended
Recommended By: Nobody

Words for which I sought help:

neoteny -- the retention of juvenile features in the adult animal

Review:

I read Ringworld and Ringworld Engineers around 30 years ago.  It turns out that my memory of the books was not as strong as I thought.  It took me a little while to adjust to the terms and some of the assumptions that the book makes.  It still really expands my imagination and I remember feeling like there was something new around every turn.

Niven has a vivid imagination and his concept of the Ringworld is fantastic.  It is interesting and fun to experience his concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment