Friday, August 14, 2020

The Cycle of the Gift, Hughes, Massenzio, and Whitaker


The Cycle of the Gift:  Family Wealth and Wisdom by James E. Hughes Jr., Susan E. Massenzio, and Keith Whitaker is a book I saw on Mahogany books as highly recommended and I thought I'd give it a chance.

Started: 7/28/2020
Completed: 8/14/2020
Recommendation: Not Recommended
Recommended By: Mahogany Books

Review:

I was not fond of this book.  It was timely in that we started working on our will not long after I started the book, but it seemed mostly common sense to me.  Of course, one man's common sense is another man's wisdom, but I find it hard to believe that people need to be told most of this stuff.  I was unaware that a philanthropic trust could be created for as little as $10,000 and that surprised me.  The idea of linking grandchildren and grandparents using such a trust was a cool idea and I will remember it.  Otherwise, I got precious little from the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment