Friday, August 20, 2021

Piranesi, Susanna Clarke

 

Piranesi by Susanna Clarke is a book I picked up so that I would be ready to vote on the Hugo awards this year.  I had a hard time with Jonathan Strange and Dr. Norrell before I finally gave up.  I was not planning to read this book, but I decided to attend DisCon III virtually and a benefit of attending the conference is that I can vote on the Hugo awards, so I thought I should read the nominees.

Started: 8/13/2021
Completed: 8/20/2021
Recommendation: Not Recommended
Recommended By: Hugo Awards

Review:

I dislike being lost and I was still lost half way through the book (arguably until the appearance of The Prophet).  Even at the end, I was still lost.  I disliked this book although the world was vivid and the characters were complex, I couldn't bring myself to like any of the characters in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment