Friday, February 4, 2022

Our Country Friends, Gary Shteyngart

 

Our Country Friends by Gary Shteyngart looked like a fun novel

Started: 2/1/2022
Completed: 2/4/2022
Recommendation: Recommended
Recommended By: Nobody

Review:

I like the way Shteyngart describes things.  Nothing particularly memorable in and of itself, but as a whole it is as a rich world.  I also enjoy when an author examines the same issue from multiple points of view--in this book it is love.  There are variations on romantic love, platonic love, friendship, and lust.  There were definitely too many masturbation scenes for my comfort and, frankly, I felt like a bit of a voyeur for several scenes, but I can see that in many cases the details were important.  There were also a few scenes that were guilty pleasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment