Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Unthinkable, Jamie Raskin

 

Unthinkable:  Trauma, truth, and the trials of American democracy by Jamie Raskin is a book from the prosecutor.

Started: 1/25/2022
Completed: 2/1/2022
Recommendation: Highly Recommended
Recommended By:  Nobody, c'mon, Maryland rep?!?

Reveiw:

There is no doubt that Jamie Raskin loved his son Tommy.  This book is an homage to Tommy.

This is a hard, but important read.  I met Rep. Raskin once (before he was quite so famous) and found him engaging, though the interaction was quite brief.  I feel like I know Tommy entirely too well after this book, but I see Jamie Raskin in ways I never did before.  He is a towering intellect and someone whom we should watch as his thinking marks him as a man destined for higher office.

No comments:

Post a Comment