Friday, May 20, 2022

Jesus and John Wayne, Kristin Kobes Du Mez


 Jesus and John Wayne:  How white evangelicals corrupted a faith and fractured a nation by Kristin Kobes Du Mez is another in my on-going effort to understand how the GOP became so awful.

Started: 5/15/2022
Completed: 5/20/2022
Recommendation: Hard to recommend
Recommended By: Nobody, I couldn't really resist the title

Review:

Just to say up front, I like Veggie Tales.  The nauseating corruption of the Christian faith documented in this book is shocking.  I probably know a bunch of people who have these beliefs (I'm certain that I know at least one).  This is horrible.  It was nauseating to read this book.  It is hard to recommend this book because it is an appalling story.  I certainly didn't like the book.  Instead of understanding, I have walked away from this book hating evangelicals.

No comments:

Post a Comment