Sunday, October 16, 2022

Nona The Ninth, Tamsyn Muir

 

Nona The Ninth by Tamsyn Muir is the next book in the Locked Tomb Trilogy.  It looks like this was originally planned as a trilogy, but has now become a series.  Because I'm not good at editing tags, I'll probably leave it at trilogy, but, who knows.

Started: 10/10/2022
Completed: 10/16/2022
Recommendation: Highly Recommended
Recommended By: Nobody

Review:

I love the richness of the characters and environment that Muir brings to the game.  After book after book of characters you basically love to hate, Nona is quite refreshing.  As usual there was a bit of muddle at the beginning, but fairly quickly it is possible to get your bearings.  There is a bunch of violence once more, but I have to say that it was pretty well done in this book with just enough of the violence made clear to establish life (not "and death" as Nona would say) situations and then address the arduous return.  There is a lot more exposure of John and I have to say that it was far enough from the previous book that I'd forgotten who John was, so take a minute and refresh yourself before picking this book up.  I really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment