Monday, October 31, 2022

The Dead Romantics, Ashley Poston

 

The Dead Romantics by Ashley Poston

Started: 10/28/2022
Completed: 10/31/2022
Recommendation: Not Recommended
Recommended By: Nobody

Review:

Every now and then I try to stretch my borders and read something outside my comfort zone.  This one slapped me right back.  I did not find the romance very compelling, spoilers below here.  Woman who sees ghosts.  She sees a ghost and falls in love, but not to be because, well, he is a ghost.  Man turns out to be in a coma.  Happily every after when he wakes up and remembers being a ghost.  Poston posits that this was a ghost story.  It isn't.  It isn't even really supernatural...just sort of corny to use her own word.  Poston seems to be aware that this is all rather corny.  Then in a sappy author's note she hopes that this is the book for the reader.  If not, maybe another one will be.  I dunno, but I stepped out of my comfort zone for a romance and got a poorly written ghost story.  Dang.

No comments:

Post a Comment