Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Pineapple Street, Jenny Jackson

 

Pineapple Street by Jenny Jackson

Started: 3/26/2023
Completed: 3/28/2023
Recommendation: Mild recommendation
Recommended By: A New York Times review

Review:

As I started to read this book it seemed like this was a semi-autobiographical account reflecting the author's life.  That may be, or at least the lives of her friends.  The protagonist opens as a vapid trust fund woman who develops into an ethically challenged woman by the middle of the book.  This book is definitely an inside look at high society New York and the dialog sounds just like gossip.  This was a gossipy book until about 2/3rds of the way through when it finally developed into more of a story.  I had almost put it down.  It feels like the rave reviews come from Jackson knowing everyone in the industry.  This book wasn't awful.  I would never pick it up again (but that is true, for me, of a lot of books).  I think it is unlikely that I will look for more books by this author.  You could read it.  Maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment