Sunday, March 12, 2023

The Pariah, Anthony Ryan

 

The Pariah by Anthony Ryan is the first book of the Covenant of Steel

Started: 3/7/2023
Completed: 3/12/2023
Recommendation: Highly Recommended
Recommended By:

Review:

This book kept me on my toes with twists and turns I just did not expect.  The characters are all interesting and most develop over the course of the story.  The story itself sort of starts with a trope and then develops into another trope, but neither goes the way that the normal trope does.  Both male and female characters are strong and are individuals.  Nobility and churls behave as expected.  I really like knowing that this character is going to be alive near the end of the story and by opening the book with the protagonist telling his retrospective story to a scribe.  I cannot wait to get the next book in the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment