Wednesday, March 8, 2023

The Rabbit Hutch, Tess Gunty


 The Rabbit Hutch by Tess Gunty

Started: 3/4/2023
Completed: 3/6/2023
Recommendation: Not recommended
Recommended By: Several best books lists

Review:

I think that this novel just had too many major characters.  It seems like there was so much story only partially told.  In one sense, I think it is supposed to be a character analysis, but in the end it sort of became an extended look at a few days with lots of flashbacks.  The flashbacks helped explain some motivations but the way the story unfolded left me confused about which piece went where.  It felt to me like the author took one quotation from Hildegarde von Bingen about the presence of a glowing man and then tried to write a novel around it.  I just had trouble following the book and was not invested in any of the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment